Friday, December 8, 2017

Year of Cheer Christmas - Stampin' Up! Year of Cheer DSP - Fab Friday 127

  Here we are back with another Fab Friday challenge and it's the last one of 2017!  How can the year have gone by so quickly??  It seems like just yesterday that we were doing our first challenge of 2017!  We know this time of year can be super busy for everyone but we also know that maybe you need a little push to finish those last remaining Christmas projects.  We've tailored our last challenge of the year to be an encouragement to finish and share your Christmas project with us!


 I know for sure that I do not have enough Christmas cards for everyone on our list so I needed to design another card that I could whip up a few fairly quickly.  I've barely touched my Year of Cheer Specialty paper so that was my starting point for my Christmas card.


  The Year of Cheer Specialty paper sure is beautiful but it sure is hard to photograph also.  It's hard to capture the shine without capturing the glare!  So please excuse the blinding corner of my card!

  The base is Whisper White thick, then the layer of DSP.  I used a silver foil snowflake and then added the copper embossed sentiment (popped up with dimensionals) from Night in Bethlehem on top.  The Stitched Shapes framelit oval was the perfect size for this stamp. With a change of sentiment this design can easily be used for a winter wedding or a happy New Year's card.

  Next, I added a length of silver ribbon on the side and topped it with a Copper foil die cut snowflake.  The snowflake dies in the Seasonal Layers framelits are very detailed and delicate and make for wonderful accents on cards.  And finally, in the center of the snowflake is a small rhinestone. 

  I hope to see your gorgeous Christmas creation in our Fab Friday challenge gallery!  End the year by joining in our last challenge of 2017!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Night in Bethlehem

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Whisper White thick, Year of Cheer Specialty DSP, Whisper White, Copper foil

Accessories: copper embossing powder, Stitched Shapes framelits, silver foil snowflake, Seasonal Layers framelits, rhinestone, silver ribbon, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!