Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Soft Embossed Snowflakes - Stampin' Up! Snowflake Sentiments

  It's election day here in Virginia so my schedule is all thrown off as the boys are home from school.  My plan was to get up at the same time as I usually do, go vote and then take my morning walk.  Yeah that didn't happen....sleeping in seemed like a better idea! I figured since I have to mow the lawn later I'll get my steps in that way! So until I can get my act together to get out of the house to vote and do errands I'll share a card I made a few weeks ago.

 The Snowflake Sentiments bundle is a great mix of images and sentiments paired up with a great detailed thinlets set.  So many directions to go with this suite of products!  I kept this card pretty simple and used some non-traditional Christmas colors to do a watercolor wash.


  The card base is Whisper White thick.  Using a piece of Shimmery White cardstock I rounded the edges and then embossed the snowflakes with clear embossing powder.  After lightly misting the cardstock around the snowflakes I used an Aquapainter to brush on Bermuda Bay, Sweet Sugar Plum and Marina Mist ink slightly overlapping the colors so that they blend.



  After drying the panel with my heat tool I stamped the sentiment in Marina Mist ink.  The last detail of this card is the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper layered snowflake cut using the Swirly Snowflakes Thinlets.

  I'm off to try to be somewhat productive today!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Snowflake Sentiments

Ink: Bermuda Bay, Sweet Sugar Plum, Marina Mist, Versamark

Paper: Whisper White thick, Shimmery White, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper

Accessories: corner rounder, clear embossing powder, Swirly Snowflakes thinlets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!