Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Red Snowflake Mittens - Stampin' Up! Smitten Mittens

  Sometimes the hardest projects to design are ones intended for new stampers.  I was asked by one of my regular stampers to do a class for her women's group with a few easy projects for them to do at their monthly get together.  I'm used to using everything but the kitchen sink on my regular stamp club cards so to pare it down to just a few supplies for a group of new stampers actually takes a lot of work!

  I took a look at what stamp sets would be good to use to give the ladies a decent amount of stamping but not be overwhelming.  And most importantly still make a cute card.  The Smitten Mittens set fit the bill.  I did pre-cut the mitten shapes with the Many Mittens framelits so that I didn't need to haul the Big Shot with me.  And I was so glad I did as the group met on the 3rd floor of a building without an elevator!  I would have gotten quite the workout carrying the Big Shot that day!


  The card starts with a Whisper White thick base and then we added a strip of Quilted Christmas DSP in one of the Garden Green designs.

  The mittens are Real Red cardstock and the cuff and snowflake are also stamped in Real Red.  The sentiment is stamped in Garden Green in the corner of the card front.

  The mittens are layered with the top one popped up with dimensionals.  For the embellishments we put some adhesive rhinestones in the centers of the snowflake detail and a 3/8" classic weave ribbon knot to "tie" the mittens together.

  The ladies did a great job and seemed really pleased with their cards so that is always a good thing!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Smitten Mittens

Ink: Real Red, Garden Green

Paper: Whisper White thick, Real Red, Quilted Christmas DSP

Accessories: Many Mittens framelits, rhinestones, classic weave ribbon, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!