Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Warm Drink = Happy Life - Stampin' Up! Coffee Cafe

  Brrrr!  It was chilly on my morning walk and I was so happy that my husband had a pot of coffee made when I got home.  The cold was good motivation to walk fast but the 40 degree swing in weather from last week is a bit drastic!  Now I have to have 8 different outfits piled up in my closet because of the temperature swings!  I can't put away the shorts and t shirts yet but I have to have some jeans and long sleeves handy for the cool mornings!  But I don't wear any of it long enough to justify washing any of it so it just piles up!  Problems I tell you!

  Anyway, I thought this was an appropriate card for today.


  One of the (many) great things about Stampin' Up! is that there is so much opportunity to mix and match different products suites with each other.  While the suites and bundles make it easy to create coordinated projects they are also versatile enough to stretch and use different parts with other products to fit whatever kind of card you want to make.

  I had the Coffee Cafe stamp set before the Merry Cafe set was released in the Holiday catalog and I love the little tiny seasonal accessory stamps that are in the Merry Cafe set.  They are so cute to use to decorate the cup.  I decided to try my own version of a fall themed coffee cup (or is it hot apple cider??) by using some of the stamps I already owned.

  The card base is Early Espresso, then a layer of Crushed Curry.  Next up is a piece of Very Vanilla embossed with the Cable Knit embossing folder.

  The cup is stamped in Early Espresso ink onto a piece of Painted Autumn DSP.  The lid is Early Espresso and the sleeve is as well.

  To add to the fall feel of this card I stamped a little maple leaf from the Colorful Seasons set in Crushed Curry and die cut it along with a larger maple leaf (in Cajun Craze) with the Seasonal Layers thinlets.  The little leaf has a linen thread bow and anchors the sentiment from Tabs for Everything stamped in Early Espresso.  A bit of burlap ribbon add to the texture.

  Stay warm if you have a chilly morning where you live!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Coffee Cafe, Colorful Seasons, Tabs for Everything

Ink: Early Espresso, Crushed Curry

Paper: Early Espresso, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla, Painted Autumn DSP, Cajun Craze

Accesssories: Cable Knit embossing folder, Seasonal Layers thinlets, linen thread, burlap ribbon, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!