Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Bright Birthday Sundae- Stampin' Up! Cool Treats

Do you have your sunglasses handy?  Might want to be prepared before viewing today's card!  It's a bright one!



  I made this one a while back for a few challenges.  It was a fun card to put together.  While I know some people think Lemon Lime Twist is too bright I am loving this fresh color.  I used it for the card base and also used the LLT ink to stamp the spoons as the background.  The Cool Treats stamp set and coordinating Frozen Treats framelits made this card a snap to put together.

  The offset angled panel is so different that it took me a bit figure out how I wanted to use it but a plain Whisper White layer seemed like a good way to go since I already had some brightness going on!  I added a clean and simple white baker's twine bow tied to the side to balance the angle.

  The sentiment is stamped along the edge in Basic Gray.  The bowl is cut from Lemon Lime Twist cardstock and then embossed with the new Quilt Top embossing folder.  The ice cream scoops are cut from Whisper White and then I used a sponge to add Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Lemon Lime Twist ink around the edges.

  The cherry is cut from Real Red and then covered in clear Wink of Stella.  The sundae is popped up on the card front with dimensionals.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Cool Treats

Ink: Lemon Lime Twist, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray

Paper: Lemon Lime Twist, Whisper White, Real Red

Accessories: Frozen Treats framelits, white baker's twine, dimensionals, Quilt Top embossing folder*, Wink of Stella

*Product available in the 2017 Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!