Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Sweet Kitty Thank You - Stampin' Up! Foxy Friends

  I stamped a bit over the weekend but the ideas just weren't coming together very well so I decided to browse some challenges to see if I could get inspired. The Just Add Ink challenge had a "Just Choose 2" challenge. I could pick between Kids, Pets and Patterned Paper. Hmmmm... I checked out my stamps and realized I didn't really have many stamps for kids or of kids and even the pets category was slim pickings (pigs are pets sometimes aren't they??). It's called a challenge for a reason! I finally went with the Foxy Friends stamp set and coordinating punch to create a little kitty!


  The easiest part of this card was picking the DSP!  I had a strip of the Coffee Break DSP left from another project and the little hearts seemed like a good backdrop for the kitty.

  The card base is Whisper White thick, then a smaller panel of Whisper White was embossed with the Pinewood Planks 3D embossing folder.  I got this embossing folder when the annual catalog started in June but I haven't used it much but I see lots of possibilities with it, especially for Christmas.

  The Coffee Break DSP strip was cut into a banner and a piece of paper doily I had kicking around is tucked just under the edge before adhering to the cardfront.

  The sentiment flag is Pear Pizzazz cardstock stamped in black using the Thoughtful Banners stamp set scripty thank you.  I added an old retired vintage trinket safety pin with a strip of 1/4" Stitched-edge ribbon tied around it.  Technically the color of the ribbon is Old Olive but I thought it was close enough to Pear Pizzazz to still work.  It's all attached to the card with a glue dot.

  A Whisper White stitched shape oval was die cut as a base for the little kitty.  The cat pieces are Smoky Slate with the face stamped in black ink and the legs in Smoky Slate ink.  After the pieces were punched I lightly sponged the edges with Smoky Slate to soften them into a bit of "fur".  The inside of the ears are colored with clear Wink of Stella which can't really be seen in the photo. The cat's head is popped up with a dimensional.

  I'll have to make sure that a cat lover get this thank you at some point so into my stash it goes just waiting for the right thank you opportunity.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Foxy Friends, Thoughtful Banners

Ink: Basic Black, Smoky Slate

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Smoky Slate, Coffee Break DSP

Accessories: Pinewood Planks e.f., doily, stitched-edge ribbon, vintage trinket safety pin (retired), Fox Builder punch, Stitched Shapes framelits, dimensionals


3 comments:

  1. I so need to use my fox punch more! This is such a lovely use of the challenge elements. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Amanda. Love the layout, DSP and the overall colour scheme. I adore how you have applied the ribbon and pin, looks fantastic with the doily. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute kitty card and a great layout too Amanda. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!