Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Beautiful Things Bouquet - Stampin' Up! Beautiful Bouquet

  Sometimes when I'm creating cards for my monthly class the projects come together really quickly and I'm pleased with the results right off the bat.  Other times it's a struggle to come up with designs that hit on all of my requirements; stamp set, colors, ease of creating for 20+ people, Big Shot or no Big Shot and a host of other variables.  Last month was a struggle to get it just right.  I had 2 of the cards designed and I wanted to use Beautiful Bouquet and the coordinating Bouquet Bunch framelits for the third.

  Well after checking out a lot of samples on Pinterest using the Bouquet Bunch stamp set and having a pile of discarded pieces I was getting frustrated.  I realized the tricky thing with this set is that it has so many great flowers you want to make a big, giant bouquet with lots of flowers and leaves like this card I made a while back but for a class setting with a lot of stampers it's just not practical.  I had to tone down my cluster of flowers and keep the die cutting to a few passes through the Big Shot.

  This is the card that finally worked for me (and hopefully my stampers too)!


  The card base is Night of Navy.  Next up is a layer of Whisper White embossed with the Layered Leaves 3D embossing folder.  

  The sentiment from Just Add Text is stamped in Tranquil Tide onto a narrow panel of Whisper White.  I think this could be a great birthday sentiment or a thinking of you/hello card.  The stem was stamped twice on the other side of the panel also in Tranquil Tide.

  Lemon Lime Twist was used to stamp 2 flowers with Night of Navy centers.  Night of Navy was used again to stamp one of the flower center stamps onto Whisper White.

  Now for the die cutting; The 2 LLT flowers were cut out along with 2 clusters of Night of Navy flowers.  The clusters are just dies without a matching stamp and are different sizes.  Lastly, the white flower with the Night of Navy center was cut out.

  All the blossoms were layered and adhered above or slightly overlapping the stems with the white flower popped on a dimensional.

  The final detail is the awesome Crinkled Seam Binding ribbon tied in a knot and adhered with a glue dot over the the stems.  I love this ribbon as it's so light it's not a bulky addition and it feels nice and silky.

  I'm glad I stuck with this card so that my stampers could see The Beautiful Bouquet bundle in action.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Beautiful Bouquet, Just Add Text

Ink: Tranquil Tide, Lemon Lime Twist, Night of Navy

Paper: Night of Navy, Whisper White

Accessories: Bouquet Bunch framelits, Layered Leaves 3D embossing folder, Crinkled Seam Binding ribbon, dimensionals



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!