Friday, May 12, 2017

Relax & Be Amazing - Stampin' Up! Seasonal Layers Thinlets

  We're back today at Fab Friday with a fun color combination challenge!  Check out these beauties!



  I pulled these ink pads out the other day to begin mulling over ideas and I kept coming back to summer and the beach and relaxing.  The colors reminded me of beach chairs and umbrellas.  And since the ink pads were sitting next to some of my new catalog items I thought it was only natural to put it all together!

  

  So the rainy days this week didn't help with the photography and it certainly didn't feel like warm beach weather but I'm please with bright cheery results.

  Definitely no fancy stamping here, just some fun with the colors to create the striped background.  I used the Thoughtful Banners stamp set to do the stripes as well as the sentiment in black.  The stripes just alternate the challenge colors with some stamping off to vary the shades.

  I used the Stitched Shapes framelits to cut a circle out of Dapper Denim and then used the new Seasonal Layers thinlets to cut out the super cute Adirondack chair.  I stamped little Rich Razzleberry cup (sounds like it could be a real drink right?) with a Calypso Coral straw to add to the arm of the chair.  I used the new stamp set, Colorful Seasons for the cup.

  A white baker's twine bow and a Rich Razzleberry enamel heart finish off the details to this mostly CAS card.

  I hope you'll take a peek at the rest of the Fab Friday Design Team samples and then play along with us.  Remember, our challenge runs for 2 weeks so that's plenty of time create and share!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Thoughtful Banners, Colorful Seasons*

Ink: Dapper Denim, Calypso Coral, Rich Razzleberry, black

Paper: Whisper White, Dapper Denim

Accessories: Stitched Shapes framelits, Seasonal Layers Thinlets*, white baker's twine, Brights enamel shapes, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!