Thursday, January 19, 2017

Balloon Birthday - Stampin' Up! Balloon Adventures

  Today's installment is a masculine birthday card.  We all know that sometimes it isn't easy designing a good looking card for a guy.  We have so many cool embellishments and a lot of them just aren't terribly guy-like so sometimes we feel that a card just needs "something".  I try to keep my masculine cards clean and use things like DSP to add some interest.

 

  This is a great color combo that I saw as a challenge a while back.  Gray and Old Olive is a great guy card color combo!  I chose to do Smoky Slate as well as Basic Gray.  I used the striped DSP from the A Little Foxy paper stack and cut it at an angle.  The base is Basic Gray stamped with the confetti stamp set from Balloon Adventures.

  I used the wide stripes to stamp my sentiments in Basic Gray.  The balloons are all stamped in Old Olive and I used my gray watercolor pencil to color in the white spaces blending with a blender pen.  Then they were punched out with the Balloon Bouquet punch (I love that the punch works with this set as well as the Balloon Celebration set!).

  I tied some white bakers twine for the strings and then popped the balloons with dimensionals.  A few Old Olive enamel shapes finish off the details for this card.  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

  Stamps: Balloon Adventures

  Ink: Old Olive, Basic Gray

  Paper: Basic Gray, Whisper White, A Little Foxy DSP stack

  Accessories: white baker's twine, Balloon Bouquet punch, enamel shapes, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!