Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Avant Garden Birthday - Stampin' Up! Avant Garden

 At the start of every new year I take a look at my birthday card box and see that it is woefully low.  The last 2 months of the year are so devoted to Christmas cards and Christmas projects that the birthday cards get kind of set aside.  I still send them out but I just don't make many new ones.  Come January it's slim pickings so I feel that I need to get in gear and design a large amount of birthday cards so that I feel I have plenty of choices again!

  Stampin' Up! always gives us a great floral set as one of the Sale-a-Bration (SAB) freebie choices.  The Avant Garden set is it this year.  It's a nice mix of sentiments, 2 larger flowers and several small accent stamps.

 

  I've had this color combo saved and I think it's really kind of eye catching.  Night of Navy, Watermelon Wonder and Gold.  A bit of modern glam.  The base is Night of Navy and I layered up with a strip of Watermelon Wonder and a narrow strip of Gold Glimmer paper.

  The image panel is Whisper White and I started stamping the flower with Watermelon Wonder ink stamped off once and then I highlighted the center of the flower with the small leaf/petal stamp in full strength ink.  The stem, leaves and stamens are stamped in gold.

  I sprinkled some of the gold dots across the open white space and then added the sentiment in Night of Navy.  The final touch is the gold twine bow tied across the card.  

  I better wrap this up and get back to making more birthday cards!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Avant Garden (SAB)

Ink: Gold, Night of Navy, Watermelon Wonder

Paper: Night of Navy, Watermelon Wonder, Gold Shimmer, Whisper White

Accessories: gold twine

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!