Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Bold Noel - Stampin' Up! Christmas Pines

  It's getting cold here in Richmond and it actually feels like winter.  I don't think we'll see any snow like the northern parts of the country but cold at Christmas time is OK with me.  Now if only I could convince my husband to let me put the down comforter on the bed I'd be all set!

  Today's card is the 3rd project we made at my last stamp club.  I really enjoyed stamping with the Christmas Pines set this year.  I found that there were so many great images and paired with the Pretty Pines Thinlets you could make a ton of great cards.


  We have a Mint Macron base and then a layer of Whisper White embossed with the Pine Bough embossing folder.  Using a sponge dauber and Emerald Envy ink my stampers brushed the raised image to just highlight the branches.  The Noel is stamped in Real Red ink for a nice bold Christmas greeting.  Finally the corners are rounded.

  A narrow strip of Real Red Glimmer paper anchors the punched circles.  On top of the circles we die cut 2 pinecones.  The base of the pinecones is Crumb Cake cardstock and the delicate top layers are cut from Soft Suede.  Gold Wink of Stella colors those top layers for a bit of added sparkle.  A Red Red baker's twine bow finishes off this card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Christmas Pines

Ink: Real Red, Emerald Envy

Paper: Mint Macaron, Whisper White, Emerald Envy, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Real Red Glimmer paper

Accessories: Pretty Pines Thinlets, circle punches, baker's twine, Wink of Stella, dimensionals, corner rounder, Pine Bough embossing folder

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!