Friday, October 7, 2016

Jolly Santa Tag - Stampin' Up! Jolly Friends

  I started to write this blog post on Wednesday morning and then when I went to add the photo I didn't actually have one for this project.  Duh!  And then yesterday I just didn't have time to blog in the morning before heading out of the house.  So finally here on Friday I've got the photo and the time to share this card!  My stampers made this card at my last class.  We did 2 fall inspired cards and one Christmas card just to whet the appetite but not make people panic!  I saw a graphic on Facebook that said something like only 11 more Mondays until Christmas.  I can't bring myself to count them up to see if its true or not but when it's put like that I feel like I better get my butt in gear and start tackling Christmas projects in earnest!

  Check out this cute and easy card!


  Fun right?  The Jolly Friends stamp set and coordinating Jolly Hat Builder punch are so cute!  Pair them up with the awesome Merry Medley Background stamp and we've got some Christmas cheer for sure!

  The card base is heavy Whisper White.  A layer of Basic Black stamped with Merry Medley in white craft ink gives us that chalkboard art trend thats really hot right now.  It's a nice dark background for showing off the fun Santa tag.

  The tag is punched with the scalloped tag topper punch.  Santa is stamped in black and then his face is lightly colored with Blushing Bride ink and a blender pen.  We added a little bit more ink on his cheeks for a nice rosy look.

  The hat is punched with the Jolly Hat builder out of Real Red Glimmer paper and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper.  The little pompom on the end of the hat is popped with a tiny piece of dimensional.

  The "ho ho ho" sentiment is from the carryover set Oh, What Fun set and was fitting to use on this card.  It's stamped in black ink on a narrow strip of Real Red cardstock with the ends flagged. Long skinny sentiments are the perfect stamps to use on those 1/4" and 1/2" scraps of cardstock you've been holding onto!

  A little bow out of the red metallic Candy Cane Lane baker's twine adds the last bit of detail.  The whole tag is popped on the card front with dimensionals.

  I made sure to cut some extra card packets when I was prepping for class so I would be able to make a few cards to put in my slowly growing Christmas card stash.  I might make this same design with the other characters in the Jolly Friends stamp set and just change up the colors.  So easy to use one set to change up the look!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Jolly Friends, Merry Medley, Oh, What Fun

Ink: Black, Whisper White craft, Blushing Bride

Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red Glimmer, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer, Real Red

Accessories: scalloped tag topper punch,  Jolly Hat builder, Candy Cane Lane baker's twine, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!