Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Comfort & Joy Christmas - Stampin' Up! Christmas Pines

  It's been a few days of cloudy and rainy weather here in Central VA.  And because of that I have had a heck of a time trying to photograph some of my recent projects.  I finally resorted to the light box today so I could get something posted before the morning was over.  The boys also have a half day so will be home in about an hour so that doesn't leave me much time!

  I used the current Global Design Project challenge to get me started for this card.  I ended up adding several extra elements but the sketch was definitely where I started so thanks to that group for giving such great inspiration each week!


  I chose a pretty traditional color scheme with Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake and Garden Green.  I added accents of gold, Mint Macaron and Early Espresso for interest.

  The new embossing folder in the Holiday catalog Cable Knit (page 13) is really cool because it gives a higher and lower embossed pattern at the same time.  The woven part is embossed higher than the little stitches in between the woven lines so there is really a lot of dimension and texture to this design.  

  I began layering over the top of the embossing with some This Christmas Specialty DSP for the flag, some 1/4" gold natural trim, gold die cut pine overlaid with an Early Espresso cut out pine cone (the coordinating Pretty Pines thinlets gives so many great shapes to go with the stamp set!), pine branches and the dual colored sentiment.  I used my markers to color the sentiment and then cut it out with the Tags & Labels framelits.

  I really like how so many fun products from the Holiday catalog and Annual catalog combine for a beautifully traditional Christmas card.  And it is a great example of building a card around a sentiment and not an image stamp.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Christmas Pines

Ink: Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler (markers)

Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Mint Macaron, Garden Green, Early Espresso, Gold Shimmer, This Christmas DSP

Accessories: Cable Knit e.f., Tags & Labels framelits, Pretty Pines thinlets, dimensionals, gold natural trim



1 comment:

  1. I love all the new product you have on this very festive card. So pretty and a great use of this weeks sketch. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!