Thursday, July 7, 2016

No Jar Needed, Thank You - Stampin' Up! Jar of Love

  Just because a stamp set has a main image doesn't mean you always need to use that main image on your card!  I decided to leave out the jar from the Jar of Love set and focus on the flowers and leaves for this card.


  I combined 2 long closed challenges (the sketch) and colors (yellow, green, brown) from a few weeks back to design this card.  The Jar of Love set is great!  I love the jars and all their little accessories and fillers but the flowers and leaves are quite lovely in their own right, jar or no jar.

  It seems that I generally only use Garden Green at Christmas but it is a nice pairing with the Crushed Curry/Delighful Dijon flowers isn't it?  Using the small leaves and small flowers for the background stamping and the larger flowers popped up on top it makes for a nice cluster in the corner of this thank you card.

  The centers of the larger flowers are stamped with Soft Suede ink and then highlighted with the gold Wink of Stella pen.

  I used the thank you sentiment from Rose Wonder in Soft Suede and then pulled the visual triangle together with a linen thread bow.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Jar of Love, Rose Wonder

Ink: Crushed Curry, Delightful Dijon, Garden Green, Soft Suede

Paper: Whisper White, Soft Suede, Garden Green

Accessories: Everyday Jars framelits, linen thread, Gold Wink of Stella, dimensionals, corner rounder

 

2 comments:

  1. I adore this card Amanda! It has been featured as one of my Stampin' Up!® pinterest pin Highlights this week on my blog. Thanks for sharing - http://bit.ly/2a6uc6h

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was googling for card ideas with this stamp set and yours just jumped out at me BECAUSE it was minus the jar. Really love what you did thinking "outside the jar" here, and so I think I'm finally fully convinced I need this stamp set. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!