Monday, May 16, 2016

Party with Cupcakes - Stampin' Up! Sprinkles of Life

 I'm much later with my post today than I usually as am as I had to go to a food safety training course for our church's food pantry this morning.  I think I'm in the nick of time for adding my card to the Freshly Made Sketches challenge as the gallery is closing shortly.  Needless to say this will be a quick one!

  I don't know how fresh this one is but it's bright and cheerful for sure!  This is a great layout to use for showing off different patterns and/or textures.



  I used 3 different DSP patterns from the It's My Party DSP stack along with Mint Macaron.

  The cupcake bottom is stamped with Sahara Sand ink onto Sahara Sand cardstock and cut out.  The cupcake top is stamp in Melon Mambo ink onto Pink Pirouette cardstock and punched out with the Tree Builder punch.

  The clear Wink of Stella pen was used to color the cupcake top.  It left an unexpected but cool look as the Melon Mambo ink bled a bit as I was going over it.  So it's lightly shaded as well as sparkly (I could not get the sparkle to show at all but it's there!)

  The cupcake is layered on 2 of the new square framelits that will soon be available in the new annual catalog.  I love those sweet little scalloped edges and the mix of straight and scallop edge square in this new framelit collection gives a lot more options for mixing and matching.  The bottom is adhered right to the square and the top is popped up on dimensionals.

  The Happy Birthday sentiment also from Sprinkles of Life was stamped in black onto a narrow strip of Mint Macaron.

  The candle is stamped in Sahara Sand ink and then colored with the Mint Macaron marker. I hand cut it and then attached it to the top of the cupcake with a little glue.  The very last thing I did was to add a small amount of gold Dazzling Details to the candle flame.

  I really love this layout for DSP and need to dig through my scraps to see what other cards I can come up with using different patterns.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sprinkles of Life

Ink: Sahara Sand, Melon Mambo, black  Marker- Mint Macaron

Paper: Mint Macaron, It's My Party DSP, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Sahara Sand

Accessories: square framelits, Dazzling Detail, Wink of Stella, dimensionals


2 comments:

  1. I love your super festive and cheerful card. Love the colors/papers, too. What a great birthday card! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun mix of patterns!! Perfect behind the big cupcake. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!