Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Lighthouse on the Coast - Stampin' Up! From Land to Sea

  I know I'm not the only one who browses Pinterest and pins card ideas and then when I go back to take a closer look it seems that I'm drawn to designs by the same people again and again.  I had pinned this beach scene a few months back and when I was designing projects for my last class I thought a sponged beach would be fun for my stampers as we were getting closer to beach season as well as Father's Day.  When I clicked on the Pinterest pic it brought me to my fellow Fab Friday Design Team member Amy Koenders blog!  Her cards are always eye catching and well designed so it's no wonder the beach scene caught my eye!  Thanks for the inspiration Amy!

 

  Using scrap paper with a torn edge for a mask we sponged Crumb Cake for the beach side and then leaving a bit of white space sponged Marina Mist for the ocean.  To speckle the sand we used the Gorgeous Grunge set and stamped off once before stamping on the sand side of the card front.

  The ships wheel is stamped in Crumb Cake ink onto Crumb Cake cardstock and then punched with a circle punch (Circle Framelits would work great as well).  On top of that we layered the stamped and cut out lighthouse colored with Real Red and Crushed Curry markers.  The light is colored over with the Gold Wink of Stella as well for just a hint of sparkle.

  The Marina Mist banner is stamped with a sentiment from the Going Global set and my stampers had a choice of several sentiments to fit different occasions they might have coming up.

  The final little detail is a Whisper White baker's twine bow glued down to the edge of the banner.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: From Land to Sea, Going Global, Gorgeous Grunge

Ink: Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Basic Black  Markers: Real Red, Crushed Curry

Paper: Marina Mist, Whisper White, Crumb Cake

Accessories: circle punch, baker's twine, dimensionals, Wink of Stella-gold

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen a card like that before and I love it, it looks fantastic. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Thanks for showing me a new way to use the lighthouse stamp, thinking that I'll CASE your card for Father's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!