Monday, February 29, 2016

Chess Club Thank You

  When you're one of the moms who organizes the school chess club you are also the mom who makes the thank you cards to give to volunteers who come every week to teach the kids.  We have some very dedicated volunteers who show up for 8 or 9 weeks and help the kids learn chess and encourage them to do their best each week.  We like to show our thanks at the end of club party with a small gift and of course a themed thank you card!

 

  Stampin' Up! doesn't have any chess stamps but I didn't let that stop me!  The card is larger (5 x 8) than I normally make as we had to have room for about 70 kids to sign.  Using Basic Black for the base I created a chess board with 1x1 Very Vanilla squares (great way to use up scraps!  I made 3 of these cards and it was so nice to use pieces that I had in my scrap bag!).

  The sentiment was printed out on the computer.  I found the "Keep Calm" free font and thought it was a fun saying to use on the card.



  The chess pieces were made by printing out some templates and tracing them onto Very Vanilla and then fussy cutting.  I sponged the edges a bit with Sahara Sand ink to give them some dimension.  I added the line details with the pen tip Sahara Sand marker.

  The sentiment panel and the pieces are popped up with dimensionals.

  These were fun cards to make and were a great ending to a fun year of chess club at the boys school.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: none

Ink: Sahara Sand

Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla

Accessories: dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!