Friday, January 29, 2016

Sweet Citrus - Stampin' Up! Apple of My Eye

  Happy Friday that feels like a Tuesday!  The kids are finally back at school for a full day!  Yesterday was the Thursday that felt like a Monday and was a delayed start for school.  Now we're all messed up going into the weekend!  Well it's time to buckle down and get to some stamping business so I can carry on with the Tuesday I mean Friday to do list!

  I made this card a few weeks back and I'm pretty sure the colors if not the layout were challenges.  I can't tell you which ones though so for today it's just a card.  The orange makes me think of Florida and warmer weather!  Now I love winter and the change of seasons here in Virginia but I won't tell you that sometimes thoughts of warmer weather and the beach don't creep up on me.  Like after I ate it on some icy snow this morning on my walk.  Then I think of the beach for sure!


  Since getting all my new DSP from the Occasions catalog and Sale-a-Bration some of my Annual Catalog papers have been getting ignored but this striped stitched pattern in Cucumber Crush was just thing for this card.  It can be found in the Cherry on Top DSP stack...lots of fun celebratory patterns in this set!

  I lightly stamped the Hardwood background onto Whisper White cardstock with Smoky Slate ink.  I added the sentiment in the corner in Basic Gray ink.

  For my orange I inked the stamp up with Pumpkin Pie and then used the small splatter stamp from Gorgeous Grunge to pull some ink off by just pressing the un-inked stamp to the inked one.  I thought it gave the orange a nice little texture like a real orange peel. Both oranges are popped on dimensionals.

  The stem and leaf are stamped in Cucumber Crush and the leaf is hand cut.  I added a little bit of baker's twine and a few Daffodil Delight candy dots for the final embellishments.

  I hope your weekend has lots of fun plans in it!  Especially some stamping!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Apple of My Eye, Gorgeous Grunge, Hardwood

Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Cucumber Crush

Paper: Smoky Slate, Cherry on Top DSP, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight

Accessories: candy dots, baker's twine

1 comment:

  1. Cute as can be! Love this sweet card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!