Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Shimmery Lucky Stars - Stampin' Up! Going Global

 Have you ever seen a crafting product and knew immediately that you had to have it and your mind just started thinking of all the great projects you could use it for?  Well that's what happened when I first saw Stampin' Up!'s Going Places suite of products in the Occasions catalog.  I got a sneak peek of it in November at a demonstrator event and I couldn't wait to order the stamp set, embossing folder and DSP.  I saw all the masculine card possibilities as well as Valentine's day and travel themed cards.

 

  Sometimes you need a card that says how much you appreciate or love someone but not have it be all frou-frou and mushy and the Going Global stamp set and coordinating products fits the bill!

  The Lost Lagoon strip is embossed with the World Traveler embossing folder and is then paired up with a piece of Going Places DSP.  There are lots of maps and travel themed designs but there are also these really cool ink swirl patterns that I love.

  I stamped the Big Dipper ink black ink onto Sahara Sand cardstock and then flagged the end.  And my favorite part of this card is the shimmer!  Stampin' Up! is now carrying Wink of Stella Glitter Brushes!  For this card I used the clear which doesn't add color but just a nice shimmer wherever you brush it.


  Before punching out the little stars with the stars border punch I used the Wink of Stella brush again and just colored a piece of Lost Lagoon scrap so I could have some shimmery punched stars!  So easy!

  I carried a bit of bling to the sentiment as well by backing it with a black Glimmer paper circle.

  I can't wait to create more fun projects with this suite!  Though I might have a hard time cutting into that DSP....I'll have to be strong and just do it!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Going Global

Ink: Basic Black, Lost Lagoon

Paper: Sahara Sand, Lost Lagoon, Very Vanilla, Going Places DSP stack, Black Glimmer paper

Accessories: World Traveler e.f., circle punches, twine, stars border punch, Wink of Stella clear, dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!