Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Chalkboard Snowflakes - Stampin' Up! Endless Wishes

  I generally don't keep very many retired stamp sets as I just don't have the room or the time to use things that I can't demonstrate in my classes.  But the Endless Wishes stamp set from last year is one that made the cut to stay in my retired stamp drawer.  The snowflakes are just such a cute style and I can use snowflakes all winter long.

  My inspiration for this one came from a pre-printed Christmas card catalog.  I liked the color combo shown as well as it was that chalkboard style of writing.


  The chalkboard technique couldn't be easier.  1) emboss your images onto black cardstock with white embossing powder.  2) using a damp paper towel wipe some Whisper White craft ink across the black cardstock.  Add more ink for more "chalk dust", wipe off if you've gotten too heavy handed.  Done!

  Since my inspiration had some gold on it I used my blender pen and a drop of gold ink and painted a bit of gold onto each snowflake.




  The sentiment is from the November Paper Pumpkin kit and I thought was clean and simple enough to go along with the busy snowflake background.  The Noel panel is backed by a piece of the retired Brushed Gold cardstock.

  I hope my Occasions catalog preorder arrives today....it was supposed to come yesterday but UPS pushed the delivery date back....Boo!  I am quite anxious to dig into new products!  That is one of the best perks of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator...sneak peeks and early ordering!  If you're interested in joining the Stampin' Up! family let me know and we can talk details and then you can get in on this preorder business!  :)  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Mistletoe & Holly Nov. 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit stamps, Endless Wishes (retired)

Ink: Bermuda Bay, Versamark, gold, White craft ink

Paper: Pool Party, Brushed Gold (retired), Black, Whisper White

Accessories: white embossing powder, red ribbon (retired), 

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!