Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Finger Paint Flower - Stampin' Up! You've Got This

  This might be a very short post today as there is something screwy going on with my space bar.  It's like I have to press it harder than normal and it's making typing very difficult.  Is this the beginning of the end for this laptop??  I hope it's just crumbs or something stuck in there....Oh well.   I'll carry on for the sake of stamping!

  I've been stamping quite a bit lately to participate in the Splitcoaststampers annual Hope You Can Cling To Challenge.  Every day is a new challenge for the month of October to create cards to send to the MC Anderson Cancer Center in Texas to support cancer patients and their families.  The challenges are really fun and for a great cause.  I'm a few days behind as we were out of town this past weekend but I made this one last week.

  This challenge was called Lend A Hand. You were to use a hand image, trace your hand onto the card or apply color using your hands/fingers. I searched my stamp sets for a hand and didn't have one so I went with finger painting!


  I simply stamped this awesome flower in black ink and then colored in the flower by pressing my finger into the ink pad and then rubbing the color onto the image.  

  

  You can see my finger prints a bit but I'm actually surprised with how well this technique looks.

  I hope you head over to Splitcoaststampers and join in the Hope You Can Cling To Challenge.  It's a fantastic reason to toss aside the cleaning and laundry this month and make some cards!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: You've Got This

Ink: Black, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz, Crushed Curry

Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White

Accessories: circle punch, black baker's twine, SAB ribbon, dimensionals

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!