Friday, September 4, 2015

Winter Trees - Fab Friday 72 - Stampin' Up! Sleigh Ride Edgelits

  Happy Friday!  Is everyone looking forward to the long weekend?  We have a lot of stuff planned so there is no chance to be bored at all!  This is our last hurrah before school starts for the boys on Tuesday then the schedules become pretty hectic.  It was nice not being on much of a schedule this summer but it's back to reality now!

 We have a new challenge starting today over at Fab Friday!  I missed being able to play along last challenge as I was out of town on vacation.  Check out the fun sketch this time around! Our design team always rocks it!



  And here is my card:


  Do you ever make a card and then look back at it and wonder how it could have possibly taken you as long as it did to put together?  Well, that was this card for me.  I spent an embarrassingly long time working on this one.  I had one idea in my head with different colors, papers, stamp sets, and embellishments and I don't think I used a single one of those item in the final card!  My stamp table is piled a foot high with stuff tried out and then rejected!

  The base is Crumb Cake, then a layer of Soft Sky.  I embossed the Whisper White layer with the new Softly Falling embossing folder.  It's such a nice delicate texture and I love it for a look of snow in the background here.

  Next, I cut a circle of Silver Glimmer paper and then another smaller circle of Shimmery White cardstock using the Circles Framelits.

  I gave the Shimmery White a watercolor wash all over with Soft Sky ink and an Aquapainter.  I added just a touch of Island Indigo towards the top to make it look more like the darkening night sky.



  The new Sleigh Ride Edgelits were used to cut out some cute little trees out of Mossy Meadow cardstock.  I just trimmed them off the long strip with my paper snips.  I used the far edge of the tree edgelit to cut the snow bank out of Shimmery White and just layered it across the bottom of the color washed circle.

  Little silver stars are stamped on the sky panel using the Holly Jolly Greetings stamp set and then the trees were glued down.

  To keep with the sketch I added some embellishments in the way of punched and die cut stars, candy dots and rhinestones over to the left side of the card.

  One Christmas card down about 64 more to go!  It's a good thing I'm starting early right?

  I hope to see your card in our Fab Friday challenge gallery for this sketch.  I love seeing how people interpret a sketch and always get a lot of ideas too!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Holly Jolly Greetings

Ink: Soft Sky, Island Indigo, silver

Paper: Crumb Cake, Shimmery White, Mossy Meadow, Silver Glimmer, Soft Sky

Accessories: Sleigh Ride Edgelits, Circles framelits, Stars Framelits, Softly Falling e.f., candy dots, rhinestones, stitched satin ribbon



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!