Monday, September 21, 2015

Spooky Halloween - Stampin' Up! Sprinkles of Life

  Walking to school on Friday the boys were talking about what they wanted to be for Halloween and they were throwing out all kinds of different ideas.  I don't take them too seriously until about 2 weeks before Halloween and then they have to make their final decision and we can get to gathering supplies and making them.  We've had quite the costumes in the past so I'm curious what they will end up with.

  I don't usually send out many Halloween cards but I still like to make a few during the season since it's fun to make some spooky creations!  I created this one when I was coming up with samples for my recent Sprinkles of Life class.  Using the Sprinkles of Life set with the coordinating Tree builder punch makes for a cute Halloween card!  There's not much this punch/stamp set combo can't do!



  The card base is Smoky Slate and to balance the 4 panels on the one side I put a black stitched satin ribbon on the other side.

  Each of the 4 panels has a vellum square as the base and I used the black Stampin' Write marker to do some faux stitching around each one.

  The cloud and moon panel is made by stamping the cloud in Versamark ink onto Basic Black cardstock and embossing it in white embossing powder and then punching it out with the Tree builder punch.  The moon is a small punched circle in So Saffron.  I used a sponge dauber to rub some So Saffron ink onto the vellum around the moon shape.  The moon is adhered behind the vellum and the cloud is popped up on dimensionals over the top of the vellum.   I hope it doesn't look too much like a sun.  I was going for the spooky moon peeking through the cloudy mist.

  The bat panel is made by punching out 2 birds with the Tree builder punch for each bat using the new Black Glimmer paper.  I trimmed the beak off of the top one for each bat and adhered them upside down with a glue dot and they are adhered right on top of the vellum.



  The Happy Halloween is from the And Many More set and is embossed in black and snipped into a banner.  I added a little rhinestone that I colored darker with a black alcohol marker to keep with the spookiness.

  The tree panel is made by stamping the tree in Versamark ink onto Basic Black cardstock and embossing it in white and then punching it out.  I used the punch again to make the pumpkin.  It's not just an apple or cherry folks!  It's a pumpkin too!  I used the Old Olive marker to color the stem of the pumpkin and then adhered them to the vellum.

  I hope I showed you something new to do with the Sprinkles of Life stamp set and Tree builder punch!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sprinkles of Life, And Many More

Ink: Versamark, So Saffron

Paper: Smoky Slate, Vellum, Black Glimmer, Basic Black, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White

Accessories: Tree Builder punch, white embossing powder, black embossing powder, rhinestone, stitched satin ribbon

 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!