Monday, September 14, 2015

Rich Autumn Colors - Stampin' Up! Vintage Leaves

  I'm trying to shore up my card supply box with some cards for the autumn season so my Vintage Leaves set has been out and seeing some ink lately.

  For today's card I did some sponging onto Very Vanilla cardstock layering 3 different colors randomly over the cardstock.  I used Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Cherry Cobbler for the fall color and then stamped the leaf in Tip Top Taupe right over the top.  The matching Leaflets framelits make quick work of cutting out a perfect oak leaf shape.



 I'm using the Freshly Made Sketches challenge for my layout and I'm not sure they feel about sponging but I had to get some gold going on this card.  I sponged gold ink around the edges of the leaves as well as the edge of the embossed panel (embossed with the Woodgrain folder).  It is so pretty and shimmery in real life.  My poor photography skills don't do it justice.

  


  I added the sentiment banner in keeping with the sketch.  The sentiments from Sheltering Tree were just the right size for a skinny banner across the middle.  A bit of gold cording at one end and a few gold sequins finish off the embellishments for this card.

  If you are digging the realistic leaves and ease of cutting them out with framelits you're in luck!  Vintage Leaves and the Leaflets framelits are offered in a bundle to save you 15%!  Want more of a casual leaf stamp set that still matched the framelits?  Check out page 44 in the Holiday catalog for the Lighthearted Leaves set.  Lots of choices for fall cards.  As always everything you need to make this card you can buy through my online store.  Just click the photo below of the product you want to order to get started.



  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Vintage Leaves, Sheltering Tree

Ink: Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Tip Top Taupe, gold

Paper: Tip Top Taupe, Very Vanilla

Accessories: Leaflets framelits, gold cording, gold sequins, Woodgrain e.f., corner rounder punch, dimensionals


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. Those leaves are a real "wow", and I love the touches of gold. Good to see you at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!