Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Fishy Father's Day

  The next big holiday that requires some cards is Father's Day coming up in a few weeks.  I've got quite a few Dad's to get cards too so I'm working a bit ahead.

  While this layout isn't terribly different from other cards I've made using By the Tide stamp set it's a fun set of colors and I think will be a good card for my Dad who likes to fish... a lot.


  This a crisp CAS (clean and simple) design.  The card base is Basic Black, then a layer of Whisper White.  The words are stamped in Sahara Sand and then the coral is stamped in Bermuda Bay.

  The fish is stamped in Old Olive and cut out.  The banner is embossed in white using the Father's Day greeting from And Many More.  A few silver brads are spaced randomly around and kind of look like bubbles.  

  I added some Man Ribbon (aka line thread) looped behind the fish and then attached the fish with dimensionals.

  Don't forget that the 2014-2015 Stampin' Up! catalog is ending on June 2 so if there is something on the retirement list you better order it now, stamps are now while supplies last...don't miss out!  To order in my online store see the link in my sidebar.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: By the Tide

Ink: Sahara Sand, Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Versamark

Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White

Accessories: silver brads, linen thread, dimensionals, white embossing powder

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!