Monday, February 9, 2015

Bokeh Gem

  After seeing so many awesome cards using this trendy new stamping technique I felt I had to give it go.  I made several cards last week to choose from for the current Fab Friday challenge that posted on Friday and I had a hard time deciding which one to submit as my design team sample.  I went with this card since it showed all 3 colors more distinctly but I had today's card waiting in the wings to show this week to try to convince you all to come over to Fab Friday and play along with us.

  This card is even more appropriate in that I went to a demonstrator event on Saturday hosted by some demonstrators up in Northern Virginia and one of the stage presentations was on Bokeh and she showed us several ways to get this look.  I made my card slightly differently but the results are pretty similar.  Bokeh is everywhere lately!

 

  I used the challenge colors of Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral and Real Red and randomly sponged the ink on the Very Vanilla background panel.  The Real Red is faint but it's there I promise!

  Next, I made a template from a window sheet by cutting circles out of it using the Circles framelits in the 3 smallest sizes.  I placed the template over my sponged background and then sponged white craft ink onto the circle cut outs.  I moved my template so that some would overlap and did another layer.  I moved it again and sponged again this time going just a bit heavier with the craft ink.  My final layer was just with a sponge dauber and just pressed circles onto the cardstock with an even heavier saturation.  I hit with my heat gun just so that the craft ink dried a bit faster.

  For the gem I embossed it in silver onto vellum and cut it out and adhered it to a black scallop circle.  To do this without the adhesive showing through I carefully placed dots of Towbow Multi glue on the back of the vellum where the embossing was.



   I stamped the sentiment in black onto a scrap strip of Calypso Coral and used a layer of Basic Blakc behind it.  I wasn't sure about the sentiment but I think this would make for a cute Mother's Day card in addition to a thank you or you're appreciated card.

  The final touch was to bring in a little bit more sparkle to play off the silver embossing so I used the silver sequins from the Holiday Catalog and placed a few around the card front.

  I'm looking forward to trying this technique using some more color combinations.   The options are endless and each time you get a different look.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: One Tag Fits All

Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Real Red, Versamark, Black, white craft

Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Calypso Coral, vellum

Accessories: silver embossing powder, scallop circle punch, template made with circle framelits and window sheet, dimensionals, sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!