Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Baby Balloons

 I am just loving the Celebrate Today & matching Balloon framelits!  Balloons are appropriate for so many special occasions.  I wanted to make a card using the more masculine color combination from the Best Year Ever DSP from Sale-a-Bration (SAB).  When I first started I was going to do a birthday card but then realized that I needed a baby boy card.  The Celebrate Today set has several sentiments to mix and match so I simply used the baby sentiment instead.


  The base is Sahara Sand and the balloons are 2 patterns from the Best Year Ever DSP, Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry and Soft Suede.  I layered the cut balloons and then once I was happy with the placement I tied a bit of white baker's twine around each one and then adhered them permanently. For the bottom layer I used SNAIL and the top layer dimensionals.  

  The balloons over hung the edges of the card front so I just hand trimmed them with my paper snips.   I used a little bit more bakers twine to tie a bow around the strings and then used a glue dot to keep everything in place.

  Finally the sentiment was stamped in Soft Suede ink in the corner.

  I'm thinking this design would be a great graduation card using the school colors for the balloons and the happy graduation sentiment.

  If you're interested in re-creating this card and earning the the Best Year Ever DSP as a Sale-a-Bration reward (or another one!) you're in luck!  The Celebrate Today bundle 138869 (stamp set & framelits), one pack of colored cardstock, one ink pad and white baker's twine 124262 adds up to just over $50 dollars!  Check your supplies and see what paper and ink you need to coordinate with the Best Year Ever DSP and place your order at my online store.  Or you can email me directly to place your order

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Celebrate Today (Occasions)

Ink: Soft Suede

Paper: Sahara Sand, Crushed Curry, Coastal Cabana, Soft Suede, Best Year Ever DSP (SAB)

Accessories: Balloon Framelits (Occasions), baker's twine, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!