Friday, November 21, 2014

Star Filled Christmas - Fab Friday 55

  Woo Hoo!  It's Friday!  I hope you have a fun filled weekend planned.  And make sure you add in some stamping time so you can join in the newest Fab Friday Challenge!  We have a great sketch challenge for you this time!

  


Check out what I did with this one!  I pulled my colors from my list of color combos that I see while I'm out and about and want to remember to try on a card.  Pool Party, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray and Whisper White.  I threw some silver in there since it's Christmas time and I love sparkly stars at Christmas!  Seriously, I have a whole separate Christmas tree in my front hall that is onlydecorated with different kinds of stars.  I had collected so many that we couldn't fit the stars and the rest of the ornaments on one tree...and if you've seen the size of trees we get for the tv room you'd know that's a lot of star ornaments if I couldn't get them to fit!


  Star framelits were used for the big star cut out as well as the Glimmer Paper star.  The big cut out is backed with Flashback DSP.

  The Whisper White panel is embossed with the Stars embossing folder.  Then I used the small splatter stamp from Gorgeous Grunge to add some silver by embossing with silver e.p.

  I used rubbing alcohol and reinkers to color some scraps of Glimmer Paper to make it Pool Party and then punched a few small stars out and popped them up with dimensionals.

  I had a few small rhinestones that I had previously colored using the Bermuda Bay Blendabilities markers so I went ahead and used them up across the card front.

  The sentiment is stamped and embossed in Pool Party e.p. onto Basic Gray cardstock.  I flagged the end, added a rhinestone and popped it up over the strip of Smoky Slate ribbon.

  Head over to the Fab Friday Challenge to see what the rest of the Design Team did and play along with us!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Good Greetings

Ink: Versamark, Pool Party reinker (to color small glimmer stars)

Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White, Basic Gray, Flashback DSP, Silver Glimmer Paper, Old Style Silver Glimmer Paper

Accessories: Star framelits, star punch, silver embossing powder, Pool Party embossing powder, Smoky Slate 1/8" taffeta ribbon, dimensionals, rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!