Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Spooky Halloween Houses

  I keep saying that I don't send out many Halloween cards yet when I sit down in the stamp room I feel like I just keep making more of them!  I guess I will have to find some people to send Halloween cards too!

  Here is my take on the spooky Halloween houses using the Holiday Home set from the Stampin' Up! holiday catalog.  This set is so cute on so many levels!


  The card base is Smoky Slate with a panel of vellum over it.  The vellum is faux stitched around the edge.  The moon is sponged on layering Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie ink.  I just used a circle punch to make a stencil to sponge through.  The bats are stamped right onto the vellum in black.  I added a cloud also cut from vellum.  Isn't it cool that the Word Bubbles framelits can be used for clouds too??  I think the vellum paired with the Smoky Slate gives a kind of foggy night look.

The houses are embossed with white onto Basic Black cardstock and then cut out with the Homemade Holiday framelits.  They are popped up right on top of the vellum with dimensionals.  I stamped and hand cut the little ghosts because you can't have a row of spooky Halloween houses and not included some ghosts!

  Off to make my mailing list for these Halloween cards! 

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Holiday Home

Ink: Versamark, black, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie

Paper: Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Vellum, Whisper White

Accessories: Homemade Holiday framelits, Word Bubble framelits, dimensionals, paper piercer, white embossing powder



1 comment:

  1. This is so cute, Amanda! Love it! The vellum just sort of floats - great idea! Hope you are doing okay, I'm off to 'stamp today'!!! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!