Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Alligator Love

  It snowed again last night so the boys are off from school again!  We're all wondering if they will cancel for the rest of the week....we did get about 3 inches which is more than we had last week when they canceled school for 4 days....  We shall see.

  For now I've got a card to share that I made for last week's Mojo Monday challenge.  I didn't get the photo taken and edited in time to submit it to the challenge but that's OK.  It was a fun layout to work with and I fussed over it a long time.  I couldn't get these colors to cooperate quite the way I wanted to.  I don't know if it is because they are all kind of bold colors but I kept playing around until I got something I was mostly happy with.


 As you can see I'm still having a lot of fun using new Occasions catalog and Sale-a-bration (SAB) items!  I wanted to make a Valentine's day card for one of the boys so I didn't want it too froo-froo and I loved these colors.

  The base is Island Indigo and then a layer of Whisper White that was embossed with the Honeycomb embossing folder.  I then embossed a piece of Gumball Green Core'dinations with the SAB embossing folder Decorative Dots.  I sanded the dots a bit with the sanding block.

  I stamped and punched out 3 little banners using the Banner Blast stamp set and matching punch---all freebies with SAB!  I layered the banners under the embossed Gumball Green panel.

  For the sentiment I stamped one of the phrases from the Geometrical set in Island Indigo and then put that on top of the Gumball Green layer.

  The alligator was stamped with Gumball Green and then cut out with the Circles framelits.  I colored in the little heart with the Daffodil Delight marker and also added a heart banner to the side.  The final touch is the retired Daffodil Delight button tied with a little bit of hemp twine.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Zoo Babies, Banner Blast, Geometrical

Ink: Gumball Green, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo

Paper: Island Indigo, Gumball Green, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Gumball Green Core'dinations

Accessories: Honeycomb e.f., Decorative Dots e.f., Circle Framelits, banner punch, button, hemp twine

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!