Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Autumn Give Thanks

  I hope everyone had a nice weekend!  The boys and Matt had the day off yesterday so we enjoyed our 3 day weekend.  I kept thinking that it was still the weekend so I missed the deadline to enter this card into the challenge at Freshly Made Sketches but it's still a cute card; simple and square.

  The lesson at church and Sunday school this week was the story of the 10 men healed and only one man returned to thank Jesus for healing him.  Our pastors sermon was based on giving thanks so I wanted to make a thank you to send to him to say thanks for all he does for our congregation.



  I used that fun Sweater Weather DSP again!  And the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set again….see it stamped right on the DSP?

  The acorn is cut from Champagne Glimmer paper and tied with some linen thread.  It's adhered to a small Very Vanilla scallop circle with a dimensional.  The scallops are pierced and then lightly sponged.  I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to line up my sentiment from Lots of Thanks.  I inked the "give" and "thanks" separately with my Chocolate Chip marker and then stamped onto Soft Sky.  Instead of the typical banner that I'm obsessed with and probably overuse I make a little scroll by rolling the end of the strip around my paper piercer.  I sponged the sentiment scroll as well.


  So who do you need to give thanks to?  Put a card in the mail today!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Lots of Thanks, Gorgeous Grunge

Ink: Chocolate Chip

Paper: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Sweater Weather DSP, Soft Sky, Champagne Glimmer

Accessories: Autumn Accents die, small scallop circle punch, paper piercer, line thread, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. That was our Sunday message too! How much fun is that? Great card Amanda, and I'm sure it will be appreciated! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!