Thursday, December 13, 2012

DSP Scrap Christmas Tree

   I am so proud of myself.  I just mailed out 78 hand stamped Christmas cards!  Wow!  I need to make about 15 more to go along with gifts that will be hand delivered but man I am glad to have that item checked off my "to-do" list.  If I end of having some time I might send out a few more but for now the bulk mailing is complete!

   I whipped this one up the other night after seeing some advertisement on Splitcoaststampers that had a similar idea.  I'm sure there are lots of examples of this out there and it gave me a great feeling to use up some bits of scraps.

  I used the Fab Friday color challenge again since it's such a great combo for Christmas.  The colors used are Real Red, Primrose Pink, Gumball Green, Pool Party and Whisper White.  There's still time to make your card and play along with us.  This challenge is open until Dec. 20!


  It's hard to see but the white panel is embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder…goes with all the dots on the DSPs!

  See that awesome giant rhinestone at the top of the tree??  Well that's a sneak peek of a new items that will be in the upcoming Spring catalog.  Larger rhinestones!  Sweet!  It works perfectly as the star on top don't you think?

  I'd love to sit and go on and on about this card but I've got some icky bathrooms that need to be cleaned…I'm about ready to install urinals in my house!  Geez!  Stamping would be much more fun right?  But the duties of an at home mom are usually not very glamourous are they?  =)

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Pennant Parade

Ink: Gumball Green

Paper: Patio Party DSP, Summer Smooches DSP, In Color DSP pack, Pool Party, Gumball Green, Whisper White

Accessories: Perfect Polka Dot e.f., jewelry tag punch, baker's twine, Large Rhinestone (upcoming Spring catalog)

4 comments:

  1. SEVENTY EIGHT HANDMADE CARDS????? Whew...I'm tired just thinking of that many! I'm hoping to get 'some' handmade cards in the mail! What a great card! Love that so many of the designs can be showcased on one card, and oooh...la...la...lookie at that stone! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think this card is adorable! I was wondering if you could let me know the dimensions? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The card is a basic A2 size (4.25 x 5.5 inches).

      Delete
  3. So cute! I have so many great festive scraps that I can use for this! You have inspired me to craft up some good cards for teachers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!