Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Star Filled 7th Birthday

  Is everyone prepared for Thanksgiving tomorrow?  We're in pretty good shape minus the cold that I've come down with.  I have all the ingredients needed to make the 2 desserts I volunteered to bring.  Just need to bake those up tonight.  I'm laying low today, drinking a lot of OJ, having tea with honey and lemon and trying to fight this cold.  Anyone have any home remedies they swear by?

  I've been stamping quite a bit lately to get ready for my class next and I'll share those project after my ladies get first peek at them.  I also have several other cards but they are stuck on the camera and I'm thinking I don't have the energy to download and edit them right now.  I know pretty pathetic huh?  Maybe I'll get a burst of energy later!

  Anyway here's a card a made several weeks ago for a birthday party Ryan was invited to.  While I had plenty of lead time to make the card I didn't get to it until the morning of the party so I didn't have a lot of time to get futzy over it.  I chose my colors from the Color Coach (love that thing!) and used one of the Fab Friday challenge sketches.  I think I used this great sketch for about 6 cards!


 The base is Midnight Muse stamped with the shooting star stamp from Blast Off also in Midnight Muse.  To make the banner I used the Chevron e.f. on a strip of Gumball Green Bore'dinations cardstock and then lightly sanded it down.  I cut 2 stars out with the retired Stars Big Shot die, one in WHisper White and the other in Marina Mist.  The finishing touch is a popped up 7 die cut from silver Glimmer paper.

  Super simple but I try to remember my audience for kids cards!

  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Blast Off

Ink: Midnight Muse

Paper: Midnight Muse, Gumball Green Core'dinations, Whisper White, Marina Mist, silver Glimmer paper

Accessories: star die, Chevron e.f., Simple letters/numbers die, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!