Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Serene Sympathy

  Sympathy cards are always so hard to make.  I never really know where to start so when I had to make a sympathy card over the weekend I let 2 challenges do the work for me.  I never want to do "over the top" cards but I also don't want to just slap something together.  Getting the right balance is the key.  I hope our friends can feel the love and prayers we sent to them.


  I used the current sketch at Fab Friday as well as this weeks challenge at CAS-ual Fridays which is to use Kraft or as we call it now at Stampin' Up!, Crumb Cake.

  I used the Festival of Print paper stack for my banner and wrapped a Very Vanilla seam binding bow around it.

  For the image panel I cut out a Windows Framelit and before popping it out of the die I sponged it with Crumb Cake ink which left a nice little border around the edge.  I also inked up Serene Silhouettes in Chocolate Chip ink and stamped it right over the sponging.  Then I popped the cardstock out of the die and wiped the excess ink off of it with a tissue.

  Next I added the sympathy sentiment from Petite Pairs and a few pearls to the flowers.

  Off to finish up preparing for having the neighbors come over for pizza before heading out to trick or treat!  Hope you have a fantastic Halloween!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Serene Silhouettes, Petite Pairs

Ink: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip

Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Festival of Prints DSP stack

Accessories: seam binding ribbon, pearls, Windows Framelits, corner rounder

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous sympathy card! And fabulous tip about sponging/stamping while the card stock is still in the framelit--I need to try that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!