Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Autumn Butterfly Birthday

  Well we made it through Monday!  On to Tuesday...We are running to and fro all this week to different commitments, appointments etc.  I'm tired just looking at my calendar for this week!  So much for more "me time" once school started! 

  My mother-in-law asked if I had a stack of birthday cards that she could use for numerous birthdays next month.  She came to the right place!  I had a few in my stash but still needed to make a few more to have enough for her.  I saw last week's Clean and Simple Challenge and the Color Challenge over on Splitcoaststampers and got to work combining them into an autumn birthday card.


 The CAS challenge was to use color blocking and the color challenge was Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie and Midnight Muse.  To keep with the clean and simple theme I stacked my colors up on the left and kept the right side open and white.  I unified both sides by rounding all of the corners of the topmost layer of Whisper White  and the top corner of the Cajun Craze block and the lower corner of the Midnight Muse block.  

  For my stamped image I went with the circular butterfly from Serene Silhouettes and stamped it in Midnight Muse.  The new style ink pads are perfect for these solid stamps.  The coverage is awesome and you don't get those little lighter blotches anymore....just remember to keep the ink where it's supposed to be it's "Tap, Tap, Tap" and not "Mash, Mash, Mash"!  =)

  I added a rhinestone to each of the flowers to give some nice CAS sparkle.  And believe it or not I still have some of this retired organdy ribbon left so I used bit of that around the top layer.  The circle was then adhered with dimensionals.  The top layer of Whisper White is also popped up on dimensionals because I just can't say no!  I know it's a sickness isn't it!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Serene Silhouettes

Ink: Midnight Muse

Paper: Whisper White, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Midnight Muse

Accessories: corner rounder, circle punch, rhinestones, organdy ribbon (retired), dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. What a nice card! I'm really enjoying all of the color blocking in cyberland lately! Such a clean and crisp look! Thanks for sharing, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is s simple vibrant card! Great job pulling off the challenge! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!