Friday, August 31, 2012

Watercolor Sky Fab Friday Challenge

  After weeks of anticipation today is the day!!  It is the first Fab Friday Challenge!  I'm thrilled to be a part of this awesome group and I'm looking forward to creating projects using Mindy's great challenges.   We hope you'll join in on the fun with us over at Fab Friday Challenge.

  For our very first challenge Mindy has given us this great sketch to work with. 


  I think this layout could be used for so many different cards.  The large panel definitely gives a lot of room to work with.  And I've been very partial to the little banner flags for a while now so of course I love that element as well.


  I was inspired by Bonnie's card (and great tutorial!).  What a fun technique and a wonderful look using the Shimmery White cardstock and reinkers.  It's kind of like the re-inker spread technique used on this card from a long time ago!  I love how rich the colors look and the bit of sparkle from the cardstock is kind of an unexpected surprise.  I kept the rest of the card very clean and simple to not take away from the main panel.

  After using the reinkers and Aquapainter and drying my "sky" with my heat tool I stamped the branch from Serene Silhouettes in Stazon.  I added a scalloped piece that was cut with the large scallop edgelit.   It's hard to see in the photo but I pierced the scallops using the coordinating piercing template.

  And never one to shy away from ribbon I added a length of organza to cover the seam between the top panel and the scallop piece.  Following the sketch, I stamped the thank you on a little banner with Midnight Muse and then embellished it with a faceted button with a rhinestone in its center.

  Thanks for a great sketch Mindy!  Head on over to Fab Friday and play along with us!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Serene Silhouettes, Just Believe (sentiment)

Ink: Pool Party, Midnight Muse, Rich Razzleberry, Stazon

Paper: Whisper White, Shimmery White

Accessories: large scallop edgelit, organza ribbon, faceted button, rhinestone, paper piercing template

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty card!! I love the background!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOO! I love this card, the colors are right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Amanda! I've saved the sketch, and will do my best to play along! Your card is stunning. Love the colors, the technique, and of course, the stamping! Wow...what a beauty! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sky, Amanda, especially with the Serene Silhouettes tree! Thanks for the nod and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous! I'm a sucker for white space too so obviously I love this! So happy to have you as part of the team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely take on the sketch! Those swirled colors look gorgeous with the stamped image! Your card is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!