Saturday, June 23, 2012

When in Doubt...Circle Circus!

  I fully intended to post this card during the week but the boys and I were in Connecticut visiting family and we were so busy that I didn't have much chance to be on the computer.  We get run ragged when we're up there that by the time it's quiet at night I'm ready for bed!

  I made this card earlier this month as a thank you to friends of ours who house sat while we were in Disney in May.  They made sure the dog and cats were taken care of as well as my outside plants.  We were very grateful to them as we knew everything was in good hands while we enjoyed our family vacation. 

  I had a hard time deciding on what stamp set to use....all my retired sets had been priced and boxed up in anticipation of my New Catalog Party & Buy One Get One Sale this coming week.  And all I had so far from the new catalog were Betsy's Blossoms and Eat Cake, neither of which really fit the "Thanks for walking my dog, scooping the litter box, and watering the geraniums" occasion.  So when in doubt I went with Circle Circus and a brand new color combination using new In Colors straight from the Color Coach (love that thing!).

  I used the new Gumball Green and Midnight Muse along with what I thought was Marina Mist but in this photo looks a lot like Baja Breeze.  I can't double check the card since it's long gone out of my house but either color combination rocks!

  I stamped various circles on the Whisper White circle that I had left from another project that didn't pan out.  I stamped more of those circles on my background color blocks.  Then I made 3 banners by stamping the thank you sentiment (from Delightful Dozen) in Midnight Muse ink.  The main circle and banners are popped up with dimensionals.  And I highlighted the corners and the attached the banners with white brads.

  Have a great weekend!  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Circle Circus, Delightful Dozen

Ink: Gumball Green, Midnight Muse, Marina Mist/Baja Breeze???

Paper: Midnight Muse, Gumball Green Marina Mist/Baja Breeze???, Whisper White

Accessories: dimensionals, brads

3 comments:

  1. One of my favorite stamp sets and my new favorite color combo...well, maybe right? LOL What a great way to say thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I hardly ever use this set, I need to give it some good use! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Amanda! Love the new colors, don't you? Sorry I've been such a bad blogging friend lately. Hope you can forgive me! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!