Wednesday, May 23, 2012

M-I-C-K-E-Y .....

 M-O-U-S-E....

  Sorry I've been absent so long!  We surprised the boys with a trip to Disney World the day after Mother's Day and were in Florida for almost a week.  I've been playing catch up (you know how that is after a vacation) so far this week and haven't had a chance to even get into my stamp room no less actually stamp something.  But that is on my list this morning after I drop the little guy off at preschool.

  Instead of stamping I'll show you the cute (if I do say so myself) gift bags I made for the boys to tell them about our trip.  I had cute Mickey Mouse t-shirts made up for them to wear the day of the trip and put them in Mickey Mouse gift bags.  I read them a poem I found online and then had them open the bags to find the shirts.  Matt videotaped it all and he said that Alex seemed to get the surprise faster than Ryan.  I'll have to watch the tape and see for myself.  I think Matt & I might have been more excited than the boys initially!

About 3 minutes after we told them we were going to meet Mickey Mouse in Florida

  Of course the Mickey Mouse bags were made with Stampin' Up supplies!  I used Real Red and Basic Black cardstock and just cut it to size to fit on the front of a small plain kraft gift bag.  I used the Circle Scissors Plus to cut 8 circles out of Basic Black.  I sandwiched 2 circles around the handle and adhered them together with Sticky Strip.  Then repeated the process for the other ears.  Finally I added 2 white buttons to Mickey's pants.

  I had some bright yellow (like Mickey's shoes) tissue paper stuffed in the bags as well but didn't get a photo of that before the boys took their shirts out.

  It was a fun, quick project and I want to try to do some more themed bags for birthday parties and such.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: none

Ink: none

Paper: Real Red, Basic Black


Accessories: Circle Scissors Plus, white buttons, sticky strip

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking of emailing you to see if all was OK as you have not been posting...sounds like everything was GREAT! So happy to hear you all had a good time at Disney World. Can't wait to hear the details.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!