Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fifth Avenue Mother's Day

Another hot one in Richmond today.  It didn't start out that way though; it was kind of chilly and rainy this morning.  All morning I felt guilty that I sent Ryan to school in shorts and a t-shirt and decided that I wasn't going to listen to the radio weather anymore!  Then Alex and I came out of the grocery store around noon and it was bright and sunny and the temperature was rising.  I didn't feel so bad about the shorts and t-shirt anymore! 

  Tonight my Flyers (yes, I am part owner! Ha!) are playing another playoff game so I wanted to get this posted now.  They looked horrible against New Jersey the other night so I hope they can get their act together tonight for game 3.  Sometimes it's painful to be a Philadelphia sports fan (hello!  Eagles!!).

 This is another Mother's Day card.  Have I said before how much I like the Delightful Dozen stamp set?  I think I use it on every other card.  It has such a nice selection of sentiments and font styles that it works for so many cards.

  The layout of this card came from the Paper Players challenge a few weeks back.  I follow several challenge blogs and always jot down the challenges on a scrap of paper to keep in my stamp room for whenever I get a few moments to make a card I just pick a challenge and start working (who am I kidding?  Working?  Playing!).  I find this is a faster process then just starting from scratch.  Sometimes my card ends up very far from the challenge but it's a starting point.

  The colors are the same as my card yesterday; Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, Calypso Coral and Bravo Burgundy.  I made this one with Whisper White before realizing that the ColourQ challenge was to use Very Vanilla!

  The base is Whisper White and then the Whisper White panel was stamped with the Fifth Avenue Floral stamps in the various colors.  Then I used the Edgelits scallop die and Adorning Accents embossing folder on the 2 sides.  I meant to pop this panel up but stuck it down too fast...sometimes you can get a layer apart...other times not so much....this was a not so much time.  Oh well. 

  I stamped my sentiment in Bravo Burgundy and punched it out with the wide oval punch and then layered it inside of the Designer Frames e.f. which I cut out with my paper snips.  I added some Pool Party ruffled ribbon and a Sale-a-bration Everyday Enchantment brad and then popped everything up with a dimensional.

  If you love Fifth Avenue Floral get it this month before it's gone forever.  This is a set that is on the retirement list which is only good until May 31.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?


Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Delightful Dozen

Ink: Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, Calypso Coral, Bravo Burgundy, Whisper White

Paper: Whisper White, Calypso Coral

Accessories: Edgelits, Adorning Accents embossing folder, ruffled ribbon, Everyday Enchantment brad, wide oval punch, Designer Frames e.f.

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing :) And yes...I finally DID stamp today! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I love the color combination. I never would have thought of putting them together. Nice job Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Amanda. Great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda,

    I love the idea about writing down challenges to work aka play on when you get a chance.

    I also LOVE the card and the background! How pretty and the colors are absolutely gorgeous! I love it!!!! I'm writing down that color combo! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!