Thursday, May 24, 2012

Button Love

  Good morning everyone!  My group had our demonstrator get together last night and it always energizes me to talk with other demonstrators and see projects they've been working on.  We talked about some of the new products coming out in just a week!  And I gave them a quick preview of My Digital Studio and showed a few projects I've made with the saftware.  We might actually even get to some stamping at the next meeting!  =) If you're ever interested in learning more about being a demonstrator just let me know.  Stampin' Up! has recently re-vamped their Demonstrator Starter Kit to totally customizable so you get to choose $125 worth of any products for just $99! 

  On to the project for today!  I made this card to send to my Grandma for Mother's Day.  She was quite the seamstress and was always sewing something or other.  Her eyesight isn't what it used to be so I don't think she sews much anymore but I thought she would appreciate this card.  And the buttons almost feel real!


This card is a combination of retired and current products.  Got to try to use up the stash you know!  The base is Wild Wasabi with a layer of the Sweet Stitches DSP (retired) next.   I added some large Melon Mambo scallop trim at the bottom of the DSP.  I made the scallops with my new (to me) Tasteful Trim die which I LOVE.  I think my stamping ladies are really going to like playing with this die at classes in the future.

  Next I stamped the button card from Sew Suite (retired) in Chocolate Chip ink and then cut it out.  I used the Sweet Button embosslit and cut out some matching buttons which I covered with a healthy layer of Crystal Effects and let dry.  Once they dried I adhered them to the button card and popped the whole thing up with dimensionals.  

  The finishing touch is the "love" stamped and punched out.  And to be honest I'm not even sure which set the "love" came from.  I'm not near my stamp room to check! I added a Vintage Trinket safety pin and a baker's twine bow.  

  I really liked how this one turned out.  The colors are fun and bright and the buttons really pop off the card with their pretty shine.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sew Suite (retired)

Ink: Chocolate Chip

Paper: Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie, Sweet Stitches DSP (retired), Whisper White

Accessories: Tasteful Trim die, Buttons embossit, Vintage Trinket pin, baker's twine, dimensionals.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!