Friday, April 13, 2012

Dino Birthday Swap

  I hope everyone had a happy Easter and an enjoyable Spring Break if you're like our area with the week off from school and all the kids home!  We've had a nice week for sure.  We headed out to a rented cabin in one of Virginia's State Parks for a few days of hiking and fishing and quiet time in the woods.  We didn't have internet or cell service and it was divine.  The boys really enjoyed playing with sticks and poking around in the woods and my husband and I got to relax with our books. 

  Now that we're home and back in the world it's time to get back to blogging and sharing some projects from the past month.

  Some of my stamping ladies and I participated in a card swap last month.  We each made a card to swap with the others.  I needed a little boy birthday card so I decided to design a card that I could make multiples of and use the same design for my swap.


  In an ongoing effort not to have a ton of retiring In Color cardstock left I choose to make the base Pear Pizzazz.  I stamped some grass down on the corner also in Pear Pizzazz.  The dinosaur is embossed with black embossing powder onto a Whisper White circle that is pierced along the edge all the way around.  I used a blender pen to color the dino in with Pear Pizzazz and Pacific Point ink. He is of course popped up on dimensionals.

  The sentiment is also embossed in black on a strip of Pacific Point with white brads on the ends.

  The card layout was a design on the challenge blog Freshly Made Sketches a while back.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Dinoroar

Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Pacific Point, Versamark

Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Pool Party DSP

Accessories: black embossing powder, paper piercer, blender pen, white brads, Circles #2 die

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!