Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Embossed Easter

  I just realized that I haven't shared any of my Creative Crew projects for March yet!  The Creative Crew is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators on Splitcoaststampers who design projects for a set of challenges each month to highlight the awesome Stampin' Up! products that are available.  Anyone can play along and if you upload to Splitcoaststampers just add the challenge code to the keywords so that it gets included in the Creative Crew gallery.  The challenge code for my card today is CCREW0312DF and the challenge was to use the colors Blushing Bride, So Saffron and Daffodil Delight.



   I embossed the the flowers from the Field Flowers with white e.p. onto watercolor paper. I used my Aquapainter and reinkers to color in the image. I used a bit of So Saffron and Daffodil Delight on the flower centers and Blushing Bride around the large flower. I didn't try to be careful or overly concerned with the lines I just painted in and around the embossing.








   For a little bit of fun I added a Beautiful Wings embosslit butterfly in Daffodil Delight onto the flower with a little pearl as an accent.

   The sentiment from Delightful Dozen is also embossed with white e.p. onto Crumb Cake cardstock. I punched it out with the scalloped oval punch and popped it up with a dimensional.  Since the little pearls are irresistible I added a few to the scallops.

I added a layer of Twitterpated DSP in the Blushing Bride pattern to the card base and added some So Saffron scallop edges.

The final touches are the pleated Blushing Bride ribbon and the Daffodil Delight flower button with a pearl.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps:  Field Flowers, Delightful Dozen 

Ink: Versamark, So Saffron, Blushing Bride, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz 

Paper:  watercolor paper, Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Twitterpated DSP 

Accessories:  scallop edge punch, scallop oval punch, button, pearls, pleated ribbon, Beautiful Wings embosslit, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful card! Love the soft Spring colors and LOVE how the flowers turned out- they are so pretty! I was on the fence about the Twitterpated DSP, but I think you have convinced me to get it :)

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!