Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!!

  So I know New Year's Day was yesterday but I never found a moment to wish you all Happy New Year's!  So HAPPY NEW YEAR my fellow stampers!  Here's wishing you a 2012 that has plenty of stamping time!

  I have some fun news to share to start the year off.  I was chosen to be a member of Splitcoaststampers Creative Crew!  The Creative Crew is a rotating group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators that are give a new set of awesome challenges every month and we create projects using the challenge guidelines.  It's so fun!  The January gallery is up and running and showcases some awesome talent and cool projects.  I already have a few favorited to try out myself.  I am totally floored to have been chosen to be in this group of super talented ladies.

  Check out these fun challenges for the month of January and play along!

CCREW112CF- My newest stamp set. Use only stamps from a new stamps set on a non-traditional card.

CCREW112DF- Use a color combination that you’ve never used before. Make your card with this color combo using this sketch.
 


CCREW112HF- Valentines Day.  Make a card or a decor item using hearts in a new way to you—something you’ve never done with hearts.

CCREW112SB- a past holiday (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hannukah, Christmas) scrapbook page or decor item. Use your newest dies, texturz plates or embossing folders to create this beauty. Use one or use many big shot items.

  To upload a project to Splitcoaststampers make sure to add the bold challenge keyword in the keyword space so your project gets placed in the correct spot.  Use the challenge keyword to search the gallery to see the other challenge projects or use the keyword CreativeCrew to see all the projects together.  I hope you'll play along with us!

  Now after all this chatter here is my first project of 2012 and my first Creative Crew project.  This is for the CCREW112SB challenge which was to make a scrapbook page or a decor item for a past holiday.  Please excuse the photos...this was a hard one to photograph...all the white and the larger size just wasn't working in my light box so I had to lay it down on the carpet!


  This 12x12 shadow box came together quickly once I had a few minutes to work on it.  I had been wanting to make a Christmas themed shadow box for Christmas I just never found the time, until after Christmas!  At least I have a fun new decoration to look forward to bringing out next year....oops, this year!

  The back layer is a 12x12 piece of textured Very Vanilla.  The next layer is textured Chocolate Chip (I tried Garden Green, Basic Black and a few others but the Chocolate Chip looked best to me) but you could totally customize this to match your other decorations.

   The top square is another piece of textured Very Vanilla.  On this piece I mounted ornaments punched out of smooth Very Vanilla.  All of the ornaments are popped up with dimensionals.  These ornaments are embossed with the soon to be available Adorning Accents embossing folders which are long and skinny giving you more placement options.  I used the scallop embossing folder and then added an adhesive rhinestone to each scallop.

  The Red Glimmer paper ornament is decorated with 3 rows of adhesive rhinestones across the middle.  I also added a baker's twine bow and 2 mini jingle bells.  I placed this one in the lower right hand corner to shake up my "everything must be balanced and even" sensibilities.  And it's a fun pop of color to draw your eye to.  I might try it again and put the red ornament smack in the middle.  I already have plans to make some of these for gifts for Christmas 2012.

  I hope you'll hop on over to Splitcoaststampers to check out all the goodies the Creative Crew has made for January.  Leave them a little comment love and then get out your supplies and play along!

  Happy New Year.  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: none

Ink: none

Paper: Very Vanilla textured & smooth, Chocolate Chip textured, Red Glimmer paper

Accessories: adhesive rhinestones, baker's twine, mini jingle bells, ornament punch, Adorning Accents embossing folders (Available Jan. 4 in the new Occasions Mini Catalog)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!