Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Vintage Bookmark

  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed the time with family and friends.  We enjoyed ours for sure.  It was nice to see all the family in Connecticut and get to visit with them for a few days.  Now we're back to the grindstone gearing up for Christmas.

  Today's project is one that I made quite a while ago and never shared.  I was involved in a bookmark swap organized by my friend Patti a long time ago.   I thought now might be good time to show it as it could be paired with a book as a Christmas gift...if anyone still reads actual books out there! 


  First I stamped my flowers from Vintage Vogue in Rich Razzleberry onto Very Vanilla cardstock.  Then I carefully cut them out with my paper snips (the best!!).  Next I covered each flower with a healthy layer of Crystal Effects and let dry overnight.

  I punched a scallop circle and a smaller circle from textured Old Olive and crumpled them up a few times to give them a worn look. 

  I cut a length of satin ribbon and trimmed the ends up nicely.  I just grabbed a larger hard backed book I had laying around to make sure the ribbon was a good length.  Next, I sandwiched the textured cardstock scalloped circle behind the ribbon and layered the flower on top.  I used my piercing tool to poke a hole all the way through the layers and adhered them with a vintage brad.  This was repeated with the smaller circle and small flower at the bottom of the bookmark.



























   It's kind of hard to see in the photo but the Crystal Effects gives the flowers a nice shine and thickens them up quite a bit to help them withstand the wear and tear of being dragged around in a book. 

  Off to cook and clean in preparation for stamp club tonight and tomorrow night!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Vintage Vogue

Ink: Rich Razzleberry


Paper: Very Vanilla, Old Olive textured

Accessories: Scallop Circle punch, circle punch, satin ribbon, vintage brads, Crystal Effects

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, dear friend! Thanks for sharing - love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I love this bookmark! Vintage Vogue is one of my favorite sets.

    I got my daughter a Kindle for Christmas a couple of years ago, but I ended up being the one to use it. She prefers reading the actual book. Go figure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and simple. I love this idea. I'm gonna pin it for my Bible Study for the next session. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this bookmark!!! It's so pretty and so feminine. The brads are the perfect centers. I still read real books. There is nothing like the feel of a real book in one's hands and turning actual paper pages. I think I'll stick with the real thing :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amands!

    Pretty! Also, I just notice the little bird in front of your post title. Very cute & slick! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!