Thursday, September 22, 2011

Lunch Box Dinosaurs

  My 5 year old told me last night before going to bed that he had been at school for 12 days and that tomorrow (today) it would be 13.  Apparently they are using straws to count the number of days they've been in school (and using it as a lesson to count by 1's, 10's etc.).  It seems like a lot more days  than that to me!  But so far so good....tonight is Back to School Night so we'll get more information about what they've been learning so far. 

  For the first week of school I made these 3x3 notes to tuck into Ryan's lunchbox, one for each day.  I couldn't tell if he liked them or even cared that I put them in the lunchbox.  Or maybe he was embarrassed??  Who knows; he's a kid of few words when it comes to stuff like that!  But I had fun making them and in the end you can't worry about what anyone else thinks (even a 5 year old!), as long as you had fun making something that's really what counts!  Anyway, I didn't get a chance to take a photo of these before putting them in the lunches so they are a little worse for the wear after being squashed against the ice pack, juice boxes, apples and ham sandwiches!  I'm sure you can imagine what they looked like in all their pristine glory before the lunch box trauma!



























  I just love these little dinosaurs from the new set Dinoroar.  There is just something kind of loveable about them...see how they each have a little smile?  I kind of want to give them each a name....is that weird?  Nevermind, don't answer that!

  I colored them in using my ink pad and blender pen.  I don't know if it shows up well in the photo but to give each dinosaur some definition I colored an outline around them with Sahara Sand ink.  3 of the sentiments come from the long retired hostess set So Many Sayings the other sentiment is from the current Petite Pairs set. I used markers to color the sentiments and for the So Many Sayings ones I punched them out with the word window punch since there are so many on each stamp it can be hard to line up.

  I'm hoping to stamp a bunch of different 3x3 notes to continue to put in Ryan's lunchbox...maybe every Friday?  I better get going since tomorrow is Friday....Day 14 by the straw count!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Dinoroar, Petite Pairs, So Many Sayings (retired)

Ink: Black Stazon, Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Sahara Sand

Paper: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive

Accessories: blender pen, word window punch

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet that he loved them! His friends were probably so envious! These are great fun, Amanda, and I love the name of the set. How sweet is Dinoraur??? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!