Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to School!

  I just walked my oldest to his first day of kindergarten!  It's a rainy nasty day here in Richmond but we walked to the bus stop and waited for a while.  They Ryan said, "Mommy, let's just walk".  The bus stop is in view of the school (yes, ridiculous I know but I don't make the bus routes...if I did they would probably make more sense!).  So we walked across the street, I gave him a hug and kiss at the door and off he went down the hallway.  I'm happy to report there were no tears, from Ryan or me!

Look at those skinny legs....I'm jealous!!

  So in honor of the first day of school for many today I made these cute little pencil gifts.  I love the new 1x8 Cello treat bags from Stampin' Up!  As you can see you can fit 2 pencils easily (and I can't wait to try out some other treats!).  It has a nice flap that you just peel of the little plastic bit and it's nice and sticky so you don't have to worry about sealing it with SNAIL or Sticky Strip.  You can find the cello bags in the Holiday Mini.


  I made a quick tag using the large scallop circle punch with Whisper White cardstock.  I stamped the School Lines mini background stamp on the Whisper White using Baja Breeze ink.  The owl is punched out in Soft Suede with First Edition DSP for his tummy.  I used the Good Grids mini background stamp with Crumb Cake ink on the tummy piece just to give it some texture (and to stay with the school theme!).  The feet are Pumpkin Pie and the eyes are Basic Black and Whisper White and the heart is Cherry Cobbler.  Everything was adhered with Tombow Multi...I love the fine tip on this glue for adhering small pieces; you get the glue just where you need it.

 I used my Crop-a-dile to punch the hole in the tag and set the eyelet.  I stamped the sentiment from Up, Up & Away in black and then tied the tag to the pencils with some Cherry Cobbler baker's twine.

  I hope your babies all got to school safely this morning.  I'm going to be on pins and needles all day just waiting for Ryan to get home and tell us all about the first day of kindergarten!

Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?


Stamps: School Lines, Good Grid, Up, Up & Away

Ink: Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Black


Paper: Whisper White, Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler, Black, First Ed. Specialty DSP

Accessories: silver eyelet, large scallop circle punch, Owl punch, Baker's Twine, 1x8 cello bags, pencils (non-SU)

3 comments:

  1. Super cute! Your son I mean... and the pencils and Owl. Love the idea! Where do you buy your Baker's Twine? I need to get me some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable pic of your son!

    Love this idea! How did I totally miss these cello bags in the mini?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww! Your son is adorable.

    What a cute little pencil pack! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!