Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Up, Up & Away Crisscross Card

  I have actually been making it into the stamp room lately and I feel so much better to have had some relaxing time to myself.  All 3 projects are designed for my class later this month, I've made several thank you cards that needed to be sent, a baby card and some other cards just for fun.  I'll be posting some of these over the next week or so but for today we have the last of the 3 projects my stamping ladies made at July's class.

  As soon as I saw the Up, Up & Away set in the new catalog I knew it was going to be on my wish list.  And it didn't stay on the wish list for very long.  I made sure to include it on my very first order when the new Idea Book & Catalog went live on July 1.  It has such cute little hot air balloon images, the sentiments are in a fun font and the little accent stamps are too adorable....how could you not smile at the little clouds, birds and the little basket?

  This is a cool fun fold card.  It's called a Vertical Crisscross card and it makes a cool little pocket to slip your sentiment or note into.  I used the tutorial HERE on Splitcoaststampers.  Scroll down to the bottom of the tutorial for the dimensions of the vertical style.  This is a fun card to do to show off some DSP.  For this card the base is the new In Color Island Indigo and we used the matching DSP.  The base of the insert is also new, Pool Party which I think I'm in love with (along with about a million other stampers!).  The third color is new too, Calypso Coral. Do you see the summer, beachy, tropical theme here...makes me want to go on vacation right now!

  To make the balloon images we colored the stripes with markers then cut out the balloon.  Don't worry about the cutting ladies!  It's a super simple shape to cut out and it takes no time at all.  Don't that that deter you from using this set.  The clouds are stamped in Pool Party ink, and the basket in Island Indigo.  The balloon is mounted using a dimensional and and makes a nice little handle to pull the insert out.



























  The finishing touches are the rounded corners on the insert, the sentiment tag that was punched out using both tag punches, and my 2 favorite things...The new 3/8" Pool Party ruffled ribbon and the Calypso Coral Designer Printed Brads!  It's always fun to have new accessories to go with the new colors.

  Don't forget about the Designer Series Paper special that is going on the whole month of August.  Buy 3 Designer Series Paper packs and get 1 FREE!  What a great deal!  Go to my online store to order.  The link is in my sidebar.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Up, Up & Away

Ink: Island Indigo, Pool Party, Calypso Coral

Paper: Island Indigo, Pool Party, 2011-2013 In Color DSP Stack, Whisper White

Accessories: 3/8" In Color ruffled ribbon, Designer Printed Brads, dimensionals, Small & Large Tag punches

1 comment:

  1. I've never made a vertical criss cross card before! How much fun! Love your colors, and that ribbon is adorable. Thanks for sharing :) Glad that you are finding some time to craft! I'm going to need to get OUT of my craft room later this week and get some housework done...lol!!! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!