Friday, August 12, 2011

July Hostess Gifts - Petal Cone Take Out Boxes

  How cute are these little boxes??  I made these little darlings for my July hostesses using the fun new In Colors and filled them with some embellishments to use on the creations they make at home.  I saw THIS tutorial by Dawn Olchefske earlier in the year and made a note of it on my "projects to try" list.  I finally got around to trying it and it is way easier than I thought it would be.  Seriously, a few score lines and a few cuts and you're done! Check out Dawn's fabulous video and see how you can turn the Petal Cone die into a little gift box. 



























  I used Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder and a hint of Lucky Limeade for these boxes.  Such fun new colors!  Once I had my Petal Cone pieces cut and scored in the right places I stamped them both with the little flower piece from the Pennant Parade set and put them together.  I used sticky strip to make sure they held together for the long run.  Then I tied some 1/8" taffeta ribbon around to hold them closed.  I used the scallop circle punch to punch out eight or 9 pieces of the In Color DSP and then crumpled them up before layering them and adding a piece from the Blossom Bouquet triple layer punch.  All the layers are held together using a Designer Printed Brad.  I added a little banner with their names to finish it off. 

  I so appreciate my hostesses and this is just a little way to say thanks for being excited about Stampin' up! and joining my hostess club this year.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Pennant Parade

Ink: Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade (marker)


Paper: Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder, In Color DSP, Whisper White

Accessories: Petal Cone die, paper trimmer/scorer, 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Designer Printed brads, Scallop Circle punch, Blossom Bouquet punch, stick strip

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! Both projects would give their recipients 'all day' smiles!!! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!