Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Folded Christmas Tree

  Here is the next installment of my Christmas cards for 2011; the July edition.  This is a cool folding technique called tea bag folding that I stumbled upon while poking around on Splitcoaststampers.  It is super easy and I learned how to do it in about 2 minutes by watching this video and in no time at all I had an adorable folded Christmas tree.  This is a great way to use up some smaller pieces of DSP in a really unique way.

  I'm trying to be good and use up some retired DSP since Stampin' Up! is having the awesome buy 3 get one free sale and I only have so much space in the stamp room.  What's a stamper to do?  I mounted it on a panel of textured Very Vanilla and the tree trunk is also Chocolate Chip textured cardstock.  I added a little bit of Very Vanilla seam binding because I have to have some ribbon my cards otherwise they just seem naked...especially Christmas cards.  The sentiment is from the great new set Petite Pairs and I punched it out and adhered it with dimensionals.  The final touch is the rhinestone on top of the tree....it looks kind of like a star right?

  So how far along are you on your Christmas cards?  Now is a good time to get started!  Check out the Holiday Mini catalog on September 1 to get some great ideas for your holiday projects!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Petite Pairs


Ink: Cherry Cobbler

Paper: Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chip textured, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Very Vanilla textured, Jolly Holiday DSP (retired)


Accessories: circle punches, rhinestones, Very Vanilla seam binding

4 comments:

  1. Great card, Amanda! Love the teabag folding - you rock, my friend!!! Hmmm....my Christmas card collection numbers one so far! Tee hee!!! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun technique. I'll have to give it a try. I've read about the tea bag folding also & wondered what it was all about. I have done nothing but think I should get going on my Christmas cards. Really want to do a few more this year; probably won't be doing them for all though since that is just way too many for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I want to try that. It's time to dust off my scrapbook/stamping table and get back to work! Your cards always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, thank you sooooo much for posting this gorgeous tree and the link to make it! I am a volunteer in an aged care facility and the residents are loving the trees and having great fun making them! Also, I had promised to make about 90 Christmas cards for another aged care facility and these trees will be brilliant for the cards. God bless you! Juliette in Australia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!