Friday, May 13, 2011

Strength & Hope Birthday

  Here is the card that I sent to my aunt last week for her birthday.  It's a fun shimmery girlie kind of card.  I don't usually make girlie cards....having 2 messy little boys kind of keeps me away from anything pretty since it will probably get grubby handprints on it anyway!  But this butterfly from the Strength & Hope set in the Summer mini was just calling for some girlie colors, ribbon and Smooch Spritz.

  The base is Perfect Plum that was embossed with the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  I also used vanilla Smooch Spritz which I hope you can see in the photo.  For the butterfly layer I stamped the swirl accent stamp in Crumb Cake onto Very Vanilla.  I rounded the corners and sponged the edges with Perfect Plum.  I stamped the butterfly on Very Vanilla and then used my paper snips to cut it out.  The Smooch Spritz found it way onto the butterfly.  I added a small strip of adhesive pearls for the body and then adhered a little snippet of linen thread to the back for the antennae.  I slightly bent in the wings before adhering the butterfly with a dimensional so the wings stick out a bit more, though after going through the mail who knows what the wings look like!

   The Rose Red layer is a little piece of Sweet Pea DSP that I had left over, rounded those edges too (a great current product to try instead would be the DSP Stacks on page 175 of the Idea Book & Catalog, they come in each of the color collections so you get a great variety).  Then for the top and bottom I punched out a strip with Scallop Trim border punch in Very Vanilla.  The final touch was a ruffled ribbon seam binding bow (Click here for a ruffled ribbon tutorial) with a gorgeous Vintage brad.

  Don't forget to check out the Hope & Strength set in the Stampin' Up! Summer Mini catalog on page 27.  For each Hope & Strength set sold, Stampin' Up! is donating $2 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation to help support their efforts of prevention and finding a cure in our lifetime.  What a great cause to support!  Think about adding this stamp set to your next order or click HERE to begin shopping.

  Thank for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps:Strength & Hope

Ink: Perfect Plum, Crumb Cake


Paper: Perfect Plum, Very Vanilla, Sweet Pea DSP (retired)


Accessories: Very Vanilla seam binding, Vintage brad, Vanilla Smooch Spritz, adhesive pearls, linen thread, dimensionals, Scallop Trim border punch, Elegant Lines embossing folder

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the colors and the ribbon/brad embellishment. I'm sure the smooch spritz is even better irl too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #20 with a link back to your blog on 6-12-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

    Take care
    Tiffany
    www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is beautiful! I'm sure that your aunt loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!